:: Sustainable Design Award
Getting involved through the
• Although we would expect teachers to attend a training day at some stage, the
SDA website is a very useful tool for both teachers and students in its
own right. We want to involve as many teachers as possible.
• If, having read this introduction, you wanted to use the site to improve your
own knowledge of sustainability, click on “I’ve
training” on the teachers' home page.
introduce you to
the detailed part of the teachers’ site.
• This will give you access to sections on classroom and workshop activities
and much more detailed background information on sustainability, resources and
• We are also keen to offer personal support to teachers. We are happy to give help by email or
students access to the website
• We don’t want the site to be exclusive so we’re very happy for students to
make use of the site.
• They can use it at any stage in the designing and making process at AS or A2
level to help them in developing a design brief, to assess products, to
include sustainability in their own designing and making.
• Access to the student site is freely available. However, if your school is not
enrolled in SDA, we cannot give them the direct support on their projects that
we give to registered students. If they have general queries, we will try to help them as far as we
are able, given the time constraints of a very small team.
Check out Teachers'
and Students' sites
The next step